Dirt bike enthusiasts, get ready to rev your engines! Today, we delve into the captivating world of dirt bike helmets Shoei, with an in-depth review of the VFX-EVO by none other than Martin Varrand, a motocross veteran with over two decades of riding experience. Are you ready to discover what makes Shoei helmets the epitome of safety, style, and comfort? Buckle up, and let’s hit the track!
- Shoei is an iconic helmet brand renowned for its commitment to quality and pioneering technology.
- The Shoei VFX-EVO offers riders superior protection, lightweight design, customizability and comfort features.
- Customers should contact North American distributors for purchasing and support needs as well as cleaning/care tips on how to maintain their helmets properly.
Shoei: A Legendary Helmet Brand
When it comes to motorcycle helmets, Shoei stands tall as a legendary brand with a rich legacy of over 60 years in the industry. With an unwavering commitment to quality, Shoei has been a driving force behind numerous innovative technologies, making them the go-to choice for riders seeking both style and comfort.
But what exactly differentiates Shoei helmets from others? Time to uncover the facts!
The Shoei Legacy
Established in 1959 by Shoei Kako Co., Ltd., the company has been dedicated to producing high-quality helmets that cater to the needs of riders on and off the track. In 1962, Shoei became the first helmet manufacturer to fulfill the Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) for motorcycle helmets, showcasing their commitment to producing helmets that match the highest safety and quality standards in the industry.
Owing to their consistent emphasis on quality and safety, Shoei helmets have become a top choice for numerous riders. Some key features that make Shoei helmets stand out in the market include:
- Optimal shell aerodynamics
- Advanced materials like AIM+ shells for durability and protection
- A sophisticated production process that combines the latest technology with consumer feedback
These features contribute to the overall quality and reliability of Shoei helmets.
Shoei helmets do more than just providing style and comfort; they integrate the latest technologies to boost rider safety and performance. Some of the innovative technologies utilized in Shoei helmets include:
- X-Fifteen Helmet Technology
- CJ-3 Shield
- NEOTEC II Modular Functionality
- High-Strength Polycarbonate Shields
- Quick Release and Self-Adjusting Base Plate Systems
- Advanced Noise Reduction
These technologies ensure that Shoei helmets offer superior protection and functionality for riders.
These technologies play a pivotal role in the overall performance of Shoei helmets. Some key features include:
- Wind tunnel testing for ideal aerodynamics
- Ventilation systems that improve airflow and reduce noise
- Adjustable and swappable interior systems
- UV-blocking shields
- Shell-integrated spoilers
These features enhance rider experience and set Shoei helmets apart from other brands in the market.
Unmatched Style and Comfort
Shoei helmets are celebrated for their distinctive fusion of style and comfort, thus becoming a popular pick among riders. These helmets incorporate:
- Premium liner materials to maximize comfort and ensure optimal performance
- Ventilation systems designed to direct cooling and drying air into the helmet, guaranteeing maximum comfort
- Meticulously selected materials to attain the ideal balance between comfort and helmet stabilization
The design elements integral to the style of Shoei helmets include:
- Intricate and detailed graphics
- Streamlined and aerodynamic shell design
- Effective ventilation system
- Distortion-free face shield
- Comfort features such as a 3D full support inner lining and a sun visor
With Shoei helmets, riders can enjoy the perfect blend of style, comfort, and safety, making every ride an unforgettable experience.
Shoei VFX-EVO: The Ultimate Dirt Bike Helmet
Meet the Shoei VFX-EVO, the ultimate dirt bike helmet that has captured the hearts of off-road enthusiasts around the world. Boasting top-notch protection, a lightweight design, and customizable fit and comfort, the VFX-EVO is a game-changer in the realm of dirt bike helmets. Don’t just take our word for it – delve into the details with Martin Varrand, our in-house expert and Shoei helmet enthusiast.
When it comes to best dirt bike helmets, safety is of utmost importance, and the VFX-EVO certainly lives up to expectations. It offers advanced protection features, including:
- Motion Energy Distribution System
- Braced nose cover
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Advanced ventilation system
- Seamless visor
- Large eyeport
- UV-blocking shields
With these features, riders can confidently tackle the toughest terrain knowing they are well-protected.
The VFX-EVO motorcycle helmet offers superior protection with its advanced features:
- Dual-layer, multi-density EPS liner for enhanced impact absorption
- Emergency Quick Release System for safe and easy removal
- Available in four different shell sizes for a superior fit
- Ensures optimal safety and comfort for riders
The VFX-EVO distinguishes itself from other dirt bike helmets through its lightweight design. It offers:
- Lightweight fiberglass shell
- Multi-density EPS material
- Better ventilation
- Increased maneuverability
- Reduced rotational energy
- Improved impact resistance
Weighing in at just 3.3 pounds (as per size medium), the VFX-EVO is comparable to other dirt bike helmets in the same category.
This lightweight design is achieved through the precise placement of multi-density EPS material and the use of M.E.D.S. (Motion Energy Distribution System) technology for absorbing and reducing rotational energy. These design elements not only make the helmet lighter but also ensure that safety and performance are not compromised.
Customizable Fit and Comfort
One characteristic of the VFX-EVO that stands out is its adjustable fit and comfort. The helmet comes equipped with a fully removable, washable, adjustable, and replaceable 3D Max-Dry Interior System that enables riders to personalize the fit of the helmet to their liking, providing a comfortable and secure fit. Additionally, the helmet features SHOEI’s proprietary Motion Energy Distribution technology, which enhances comfort and reduces fatigue during long rides.
To achieve a perfect fit with the VFX-EVO, riders should follow these steps:
- Measure their head size using a soft, flexible tape measure to determine their starting point on Shoei’s sizing chart.
- Use the VFX-W Adjustment Plate to adjust the fit in the forehead area.
- Utilize thinner or thicker cheek pads to customize the fit further.
- Use the VFX-EVO Chin Strap Cover Set for added comfort and a secure fit.
Meet the Reviewer: Martin Varrand
Having elaborated on the VFX-EVO, it’s time to introduce our in-house expert, Martin Varrand. A professional motocross rider with over two decades of experience, Martin has used various Shoei helmets throughout his riding career, including the VFX-EVO for the past five years. Despite his admitted bias toward Shoei helmets, Martin’s extensive riding experience and in-depth knowledge of the brand provide valuable insight into the VFX-EVO and its features.
Martin’s passion for motocross began at a young age, inspired by his father, who was also a professional racer. Over the years, Martin has raced against renowned athletes such as Ken Roczen, Eli Tomac, and Blake Wharton in his junior years. Aside from his professional motocross career, Martin has also been actively involved in disseminating his expertise and knowledge of off-road riding through various platforms and websites.
Shoei Helmet Enthusiast
As a Shoei helmet enthusiast, Martin has developed a deep appreciation for the brand’s quality and performance. His fondness for Shoei helmets stems from their comfort and safety features, including the ability to create a customized fit with the SHOEI Personal Fitting System.
Over the years, Martin has used three different VFX-EVO helmets, each providing him with the safety and performance he needs on the track.
Martin’s expert insight offers valuable information for riders considering a Shoei helmet. Having used the VFX-EVO for five years, he appreciates the following features of Shoei helmets:
- High-quality shell for protection
- Effective ventilation systems
- Easy-to-change shield
- EPS liner for impact absorption
- Overall comfort
With his first-hand experience and knowledge, Martin is an invaluable resource for anyone looking to invest in a Shoei helmet.
How to Choose the Perfect Shoei Helmet for Your Needs
Having delved into the VFX-EVO and gained insights from our expert, Martin Varrand, let’s look at how to select the ideal Shoei helmet that suits your needs. Factors such as size, type, and price range all play a crucial role in making the right decision.
Let’s further explore these factors to assist you in finding the ideal helmet.
A comprehensive dirt bike helmet size chart is crucial to determine the correct fit for your Shoei helmet. To measure your head size for a Shoei helmet, follow these steps:
- Wrap a soft, flexible tape measure horizontally around your head, just above your eyebrows and ears.
- The tape should be pulled comfortably snug, and the length should be read.
- To ensure accuracy, repeat the measurement and use the largest measurement to determine your size on Shoei’s sizing chart.
Shoei helmets are available in various sizes:
- Small (SM): 55 – 56 cm
- Medium (MD): 57 – 58 cm
- Large (LG): 59 – 60 cm
- Extra Large (XL): 61 – 62 cm
Keep in mind that the proper fit of a Shoei helmet should be snug and comfortable on the head with no pressure points. It should gently hug the cheeks and encompass the head evenly, similar to a slightly smaller hat.
Types of Helmets
Being aware of the various types of helmets on offer can aid you in making a well-informed choice. Shoei offers a variety of helmets to suit various riding styles and preferences, such as:
- Hornet X2
- Hornet ADV
Each helmet type comes with unique features and benefits, catering to different riders’ needs.
For example, a full-face Shoei helmet provides enhanced protection to the chin and face with the inclusion of a chin bar. On the other hand, a Shoei modular helmet offers the convenience and versatility of both a full-face helmet and an open-face helmet, featuring a “flip-up” functionality that allows the front section of the helmet to be raised for added comfort and convenience.
Price Range and Value for Money
Contemplating the price range and value for money is vital during the selection of a Shoei helmet. The typical cost range for Shoei helmets is between $400 and $1000. While this may seem expensive compared to other brands, it’s important to remember that Shoei helmets offer superior quality, lightweight construction, and comfort in comparison to their price.
The cost of Shoei helmets is influenced by various factors, such as:
- The brand’s emphasis on quality, safety, and customer service
- The use of superior materials and skilled craftsmanship
- The amount of research and technology incorporated into the helmet’s design
- The stringent testing for optimal safety
By considering these factors, you can ensure that you’re investing in a high-quality helmet that offers great value for money.
Purchasing and Support Changes for Shoei Helmets
Given the recent modifications in Shoei’s purchasing and support procedures, customers are now advised to reach out to North American distributors for their helmet requirements.
Let’s examine these alterations and their potential impact on customers requiring Shoei helmet service and support.
We regret to inform that as of August 14, 2023 Shoei Helmets USA will no longer be providing direct helmet service. Please contact us for alternative service solution. Instead, customers are encouraged to contact their North American distributors for helmet service.
This change in handling helmet service can impact customers in various ways, including:
- The accessibility and availability of helmet services
- Potential differences in the quality of service provided
- Possible changes in pricing and cost of helmet services
For those residing in the United States, Helmet House is the authorized distributor for Shoei helmets, responsible for supplying Shoei helmets directly to dealers in the US market.
For Canadian customers, Motovan is the authorized distributor for Shoei helmets, distributing the helmets to Powersports retailers in the country with efficient shipping.
To verify the authenticity of Shoei helmets sold by these distributors, customers can contact Shoei, the official distributor, for confirmation.
Customer Support Resources
For support and assistance with your Shoei helmet, you can contact Shoei’s North American distributors. To reach Helmet House in the United States, customers can call (800) 421-7247 or (714) 730-0941 during their business hours, or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition to phone and email support, Shoei also offers a free helmet analysis service and has a FAQ section available on their website for any other questions or concerns.
Tips for Maintaining Your Shoei Helmet
Regular maintenance is key to guaranteeing the durability and performance of your Shoei helmet. By following a few simple tips, you can keep your helmet in top condition and enjoy the optimal safety and comfort it provides.
Cleaning and Care
Consistent cleaning and care can contribute to maintaining your helmet in immaculate condition. To clean your Shoei helmet, follow these steps:
- Use water and a mild, neutral cleaning agent.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge with warm water and mild dish soap to gently clean the helmet.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials, as they can damage the plastic parts of the helmet.
- It is recommended to clean your Shoei helmet regularly, particularly if it is heavily soiled.
- Clean the interior of the helmet thoroughly at least twice a year.
When storing your Shoei helmet, follow these steps for the best protection:
- Clean the helmet before storing.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
- Use a helmet bag or case.
- Avoid hanging the helmet.
- Keep away from chemicals.
By taking proper care of your helmet, you can ensure its longevity and maintain its optimal performance.
Removable Parts and Accessories
Shoei helmets feature removable parts and accessories that make maintenance and customization a breeze. Some of the removable components include the interior comfort liner, chinstrap covers, and cheek pads. To remove and replace parts on your Shoei helmet, consult the Shoei helmet maintenance guide for instructions on how to remove and replace the specific part, then follow the steps to safely remove the old part and install the new one, ensuring a secure attachment and proper alignment.
By taking advantage of removable parts and accessories, you can easily clean and maintain your helmet, as well as customize its appearance and performance to suit your preferences. For example, detachable liners can be washed to maintain hygiene, and interchangeable visors or face shields can be added for different riding conditions.
When to Replace Your Helmet
Being aware of when to replace your helmet is vital to sustain maximum safety and performance. According to Shoei, their helmets should be replaced five years after the purchase date or seven years after the production date. It’s important to replace your helmet within these timeframes to ensure that it continues to provide the best protection possible.
In addition to the age of the helmet, other factors that may necessitate replacement include involvement in a crash, dropping the helmet on a hard surface, or visible structural damage such as cracks in the helmet foam. By regularly inspecting your helmet and replacing it when necessary, you can ensure that it continues to provide the safety and performance you need on the track.
In conclusion, Shoei helmets, particularly the VFX-EVO, offer riders a perfect blend of safety, style, and comfort. With a rich legacy of innovation and pioneering technologies, Shoei helmets have become the go-to choice for riders seeking the best in performance and protection. By following proper maintenance tips and knowing when to replace your helmet, you can ensure that your Shoei helmet continues to provide the best possible riding experience. So, gear up, hit the track, and ride with confidence, knowing that you’re in good hands with Shoei!
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is a SHOEI helmet so expensive?
Shoei helmets are highly sought after due to their superior quality materials and luxurious interior, making them significantly more expensive than other brands.
Is SHOEI a good brand of helmet?
Shoei helmets offer superior quality materials, clear CNS face shields and luxurious 3D Max-Dry System II interior lining, making them a great choice for those looking for top-of-the-line protection.
Can you use a street helmet for dirt bike?
A street helmet can technically be used for dirt bike, but it is not recommended as the design and material of the helmet may not provide adequate protection in off-road situations. Off-road helmets are designed to offer better airflow and protection from impacts at slower speeds.
What is the lifespan of a SHOEI helmet?
Shoei recommends replacing your helmet five years after purchase, or seven years after production.
How do I measure my head size for a Shoei helmet?
Measure your head size for a Shoei helmet using a soft, flexible tape measure that is wrapped horizontally around your head, just above the eyebrows and ears. Pull the tape snugly and read the length, repeating the measurement for accuracy and using the largest measurement to determine your size on Shoei’s sizing chart.